Monday, January 4, 2010

Student Evaluations

So at about this time last year, I was doing a very similar post about the same topic. This year, I seemed to have taken my own advice and gotten extremely high evaluations...89%. My highest class was 98% and my lowest was 79%.

Anyway, how do I do it? I read the student comments. My Korean is a wee bit sketchy so I run them through the google translator to get the basic gist of things. Then, if I see a pattern across classes, I'll shape things up in that area. My previous plan, of making my syllabus much clearer and simpler paid off and I got high points in that area.

This year, the students seemed to think that I should speak a bit more Korean in class. Hmmm...it goes against my general principles of learning a second language. But, in the lower level classes, I can see their point. Perhaps my new plan will be brushing up on the Korean of what I'm teaching that week.

1 comment:

james said...

Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
................................
term paper help-Term Paper Sample