Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Always/usually/sometimes/never

A fun, quick game for when you're doing this topic.  Get the students to write 2 (or 3-4, depending on your class size) sentences using these words.  One is true and the rest are false.

My example:  I always eat toast for breakfast.  I usually play basketball everyday.  I never go to the movie theater.

For me, the third one is true.  The other two are false.  So I'd read out my three (you can write then on the board for lower level students) and then the students pick which one they think is true.  An easy way to do this is to hold up 1, 2, or 3 fingers to indicate the true one.  I reveal my answer and whoever guessed correctly gets one point.  The students read out their sentences, one by one and the game continues.  The winner is the one who has the most points at the end.

For plenty of other ESL Classroom ideas, check out Speaking Activities that Don't Suck and Fun ESL Activities for the Classroom.

Free: 40 Tried and Tested ESL Games and Activities

1 comment:

Joy said...

Nice game! Thanks!