Topic: Youth Unemployment.
1. Warm-up riddles. Lots of students come late so I do some riddles for 5-10 minutes while people stream in. This was the only unrelated thing.
2. Warm-up discussion questions about youth unemployment. Talking with a partner and then the whole class together.
3. Reading-first time. Quickly and some true/false questions. Compare with partner and then whole class.
4. Reading-second time. Slowly and some difficult comprehension questions. Talk with partner
5. Youth Unemployment Video-first time. What is the program? Talk with partner and then whole class.
6. Video-second time. Would this program work in Korea? Talk with partner and then with whole class.
7. Kiva Micofinance Organization. Show the website and talk about what they do, watch their short video, etc. Choose someone to "lend" money to.
8. Speech time. Brainstorm ways to reduce youth unemployment in Korea. Groups of 4. Each person choose their favorite and prepare a 2 minute speech about why it's the best solution. Give speech to group and other 3 members must ask a difficult question.
Finish! It was quite painless overall :)