Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kotesol Conference...the good

So the good things:

1. Networking opportunities abounded.  If you were in the market for a uni job, then this would definitely have been the place to be.

2. The venue was ideal.  Sookmyung university is the perfect place to hold a conference, very close to major public transport points and a plethora of food and drink options just outside the main gate. 

3. The students volunteers were great.  They could speak English very well and were quite helpful.

4. Some engaging presentations.  I particularly enjoyed Andrew Finch on Postmodernism, as well as Paul Nation on Vocab Acquisition. I also attended one about alternative assessment by someone who wasn't a luminary but came away with a few helpful ideas.  I'll talk about them in a later post.

3 comments:

Whitey said...

Tell about the Vocab Acquisition session, please. That sounds interesting.

A Fellow Teacher

Jackie Bolen said...

Yes, I did talk about it, if you'd read my later entries.

Anonymous said...

I liked the panel at the end of Saturday's schedule and Thomas Ferrell's session on teachers' roles.