Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bingo

We all know and love Bingo.  I remember back when I was a kid and I just couldn't get enough of it.  Well, believe it not, university students in Korea seem to enjoy it as well.  Except if I did it where I just called out the words, and they crossed them off I probably couldn't really consider myself a real teacher.  So, instead I modify it to make it more more educational.  It's actually a fabulous way to get students to review a large amount of vocab.

I make up a grid, and at the bottom list all the possible words they can choose from.  They take a few minutes to write in the words that they want.  Then, I just give hints about the words and they need to figure out what I'm taking about.

Examples:  "I have many of them in my mouth" =teeth
"It's something difficult, not easy to do" =achievement

No comments: