Monday, January 24, 2011

Teaching, anything

So after a few years of teaching ESL, and honing my patience, I'm convinced that I can teach almost anything to anyone.  For example, these past couple days I've been in training to be an emergency first aid instructor, along with 4 other people.  The other 4 people are not teachers and I could see them struggling with public speaking and demonstrating something, and how to keep things are organized and simple.  Me, on the other hand, was a bit of a star!  Haha!  Not really at the actual skills, but I had the confidence and that's the most important thing I think. 

Anyway, it's cool to see my ESL teaching skills transfer into other areas. 

And, in case anyone is wondering.  My time on a little tropical island in the Philippines has been going very well.  I live in a little shack and go diving.  And study too of course.  And drink a San Miguel a day in celebration of escaping the land of Hite and Cass. 

No comments: