Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Homework

So this semester, my school has a new textbook series called Top Notch.  They have an impressive online homework thing that looks very well done, from what I've seen so far.  I just hope it's easy to administer and for the students to sign up, but I won't know that until a few weeks from now.

Anyway, in the meantime I've been planning my classes, taking this online homework thing into account.  And, I've decided to do away with paper homework entirely and just do 20% of the student's final grade as online.  I really don't know how it will go.  Korean students, on the one-hand are very internet savvy and should have no issues with the technical side of things.  But, on the other hand, they can't copy off of each other easily so that might be an issue for some.  And, I think only the truly dedicated will persevere week after week.  Whereas, in my normal class, I would just give 2 or 3 homework assignments over the course of the semester and so even the lazy students could muster up enough energy to get it done.

Who knows I guess...more reports later!

2 comments:

Korean Adventure said...

Hi I am teaching at a University in Korea as well. This is my first year doing this. What online resources do you use?

Jackie Bolen said...

It's a thing that the publisher set up to go with the book.