Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reader Question: Qualified Teacher

Another reader question:

"I'm a college student working on my teaching degree and I was curious if you needed teaching credentials, in addition to your degrees, to teach in a university?

Also, is it possible to get a teaching position in a university without experience? From what I've seen, most universities want at least 2-4 years teaching experience at the university level. "

No, you don't need teaching credentials.  Korean unis don't really care, unless you have a Masters degree in education.  A Masters in anything actually is kind of a basic requirement.  As for getting a uni job without any experience, refer to the previous post. 

No comments: