Friday, April 3, 2015

Resume to Apply for Korean University Jobs

how to get a university job in south korea
Resumes for University Jobs in South Korea

 A reader question about resumes for applying for university jobs in South Korea:

"Regarding a resume - In your book's sample resume you didn't include an 'Objective' section.  Should I omit this?  Or personalize it for each uni I'm applying to?"

Readers: I have indeed included a sample resume template in my book,  How to Get a University Job in South Korea: The English Teaching Job of Your Dreamsso check that out if you're looking for a uni job in South Korea. I think you'll find it helpful.

But, onwards to the question. I didn't include an "objective" section because all the most current stuff I read about resumes said not to include it and that's it's kind of old-style.

I think the whole thing is pretty ridiculous anyway, especially for an ESL teacher-like isn't your objective to get a job at a South Korean university (or company XYZ)? Anything that you put besides that would basically just be a lie. I guess you could say something like, "I want to help students learn English." But, doesn't everyone who teaches ESL?  It's just so obvious and fake and ridiculous that I refuse to put it in on my resume.


No comments: